Member companies of the Dental Industry Association of Canada/Association Canadienne de l’Industrie Dentaire (DiAC) are committed to adhering to the highest standards of business and ethical conduct as follows:
- To have dental products or services available for sale to dental practitioners in Canada
- To offer for sale and/or distribution only those products which fully comply with all federal, provincial, municipal and local laws, statutes, regulations, directives, ordinances and, without limitation, all other legal requirements applicable to the regulation of the Dental Industry (“Governing Laws”). For greater certainty, Governing Laws include all legal requirements relating to the regulation and governing of the use of facilities, storage and sale of products and service offerings, and the packaging of products by members of the Association.
- To aspire to all international product standards such as ISO
- To behave as good Canadian corporate citizens by:
- Operating in Canada or having Canadian-based staff servicing dental clients in Canada, either as a Canadian subsidiary of a foreign corporation or as Canadian staff on the payroll of a foreign corporation
- Ensuring that all applicable and appropriate income taxes, payroll taxes, sales taxes and duties are collected and remitted to the appropriate Canadian authorities
- Ensuring that they or their agents and/or distributors collect and remit applicable Federal and Provincial sales taxes and duties in all jurisdictions in which they sell their products and/or services